Re: [teacherartexchange] interviewing questions

---------

From: Anonymous (teacherartexchange_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 19:28:02 PDT

It's interviewing time again and I suspect this question will be of
interest to many.
It's hard to say, in general, what to expect-- it's so different from
place to place.
My district is VERY TOUGH . They expect that the candidate knows all
the latest jargon and lingo. They want to know that you know about
differentiation, student directed learning, alternative assessment, and
using technology.
My best advice to anyone entering the process is to be best informed as
you can about all the current buzz words and have in your portfolio
lesson plans that incorporate the most current thinking..
The market where I am is very very competitive, and only those that can
reflect the current "jargonese " can get anywhere.
I think the best thing you can do is to show how you offer many
opportunities for kids to succeed,
and also that you are willing to go "overtime" to bring experiences to
the kids.
With the current economy and budget problems, every interviewer wants
to know that the interviewee will give heart and soul and blood
and guess what? once you get the job, that's what you give.

Patty
(who is half way through April and can't wait until June, even
knowing all of July and August will be spent writing curriculum)