[teacherartexchange] Our visit to Mark Bradford's Art Car Studio

---------

From: Anonymous (teacherartexchange_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 15:21:23 PDT

Hi All,
    I took my 3rd graders on a field trip this week to Mark Bradford's
Art Car and Sculpture studio. To say it was a jaw dropping experience
is a total understatement. Check out the photos of his fantastic work
on our website. Go to: www.sjs.org, click on "Students," Scroll to the
bottom of the page, click on "View Other Galleries."

Look at the photos in 3-2 and 3-3 Sculpture Tour files. Other stops on
our tour included the Houston Policeman's Memorial (Jesus Moroles),
Personage and Birds (Miro), Monument to the Phantom (Dubuffet), Frozen
Laces (Nevelson), Geometric Mouse X (Oldenburg), Spindle Piece (Henry
Moore), and the Museum Of Fine Arts Sculpture Garden. The weather was
in the low 70s, and it was a wonderful day. Enjoy the pics. It's great
to have Getty back in its new form!

Linda

Visit our Lower and Middle School Art Gallery Sites:
www.sjs.org
Click on Arts, Lower School or Middle School, Gallery