Re: Groovy Project Ideas on Egypt

---------

From: Heather Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 20:20:02 PDT

I loosely followed this lesson plan with my 6th graders last year-
Fruity Pharoahs-
http://www.neferchichi.com/fruity.html
We mummified oranges and potatoes- the body was the orange and the head was
carved from a potato, then they are wired together.
The website has enough information to follow, or you can order a more
detailed unit plan (which I haven't seen.)

It was great fun- then we made paper mache mummy cases.
It was a definite hit-
Heather

---