Re: Groovy Project Ideas on Egypt - Cassie

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 12:55:19 PDT

Greetings Cassie,

I had all of the "Groovy Egyptian ideas" posted saved
in that Yahoo address that Yahoo wiped out...darn it.

Yahoo wiped out all of my good stuff for Egyptian
paste - most was sent off list. I had all of that to
write up a lesson plan - even making a marvelou foil
tooled box to treasure the Faience - my motvation to
recreate it is all gone fow now. I just don't like "do
overs" much now.

Anyways - try entering Egypt lesson artsednet - then
try it for every year as many posts have been made.
for example:
Egypt lesson artsednet 2003

Try Egyptian paste artsednet too

You can also just try Egypt artsednet - then try every
year.

If we do not start using these archives more - we may
lose them. They already wiped out everything prior to
1998. If you look at the main page for ArtsEdNet Talk
- they only go back to 2000 now - but I did see that
on the other archives page they have to 1998.

Use them or lose them -- I hate to harp on this - but
some GOOD STUFF is now gone...and Sharon H and I miss
it. We used it.

Here are some recent people to look up to see what
they did:
Jan Hillmer
Brenda Robson
Linda Woods (see her site for fifth grade parody)
Renee Berg
Larry Prescott

Larry Prescott has a nice "mural" done on cardboard on
his site.... I think an Egyptian Art Parody would be
nice done this way - having the kids draw themselves
as Egytian style and what would future civilizations
learn from their temple mural?

Judy Decker