RE: Groovy Project Ideas on Egypt

---------

From: Christy Kane (claygoddess31_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 11:28:50 PDT

I remember my cooperating teacher doing cat mummies out of paper mache and
paper towels with painted hieroglyphics. A little creepy, but definately
different!!!!
Egyptian paste scarabs would be fun for your older kids. You can buy the
paste in several colors, and I think you may even be able to get a scarab
mold.
How about copper foil embossed bracelets or cartouches with their names in
glyphs?
Have the kids design a mural for a kings tomb and paint it on a large piece
of cardboard or more permanent masonite?? particle board?How about having
the kids make staff tops out of clay then mount them on dowel rods?
Sounds like you're going to have a great year!!

Christy Kane-Hedman
Potter
3-D Art Teacher
Deer Lakes High School