Re: Art Smarts

---------

From: Jancy & Mike Cossin (jmcossin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 14:30:43 PDT

Our contract is up for negotiation as well. Our union is fighting tooth and nail, but the cuts are being made anyway. Who knows what's going to happen. My husband and I are trying to come up with alternative plans. ugh. this sucks. Hopefully next time I post I'll be able to say something more positive! Jancy

Heather Leal <rayleal@earthlink.net> wrote:That is horrible! I went through the same thing (nearly) this spring, the district was going to cut all elementary and intermediate art and music, but the teacher's voted to give ourselves a 4% pay cut for 2 years, and there was a huge outcry from parents and students at a board meeting- we were spared. I'm in Southern Calif.
Heather