Re: Susan Folwell Breaks Tradition in Native American Pottery

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 15:16:13 PDT

The reddish brown color is the natural color the clay
turns if the pots are not smothered in the firing process.
The black occurs when the fire is totally smothered
with old ashes, dirt and dried horse manure. I don't
know the proper term to call this process.
                                        Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Where Woody's watercolors are: