Mini Art Room Sites and Portrait Gallery to come!

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 13:19:49 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

I have my first list member to participate in the
Portrait Gallery and the first new Art Room to get on
Incredible Art Department.

The first Art Room will be Sky McClain...just wait
till you see all of the fun art work!

I will keep a folder of any new participants to add.
Let me know your interest for now.... Once I get Sky's
done I will have a better idea how many images I can
use.

I think making Incredible Art Department more about
the students will be a good thing. I will get all of
your lesson ideas put on the site too. All on my to do
list....in time.

This will be on new Art Room pages

Art is a FUNctional PLAYgound.
Students L.E.A.R.N.
L.(listen)E.(express)A.(analyze)R.(respect)N.(notice)
Art has the H.O.T.S. (Higher Order Thinking Skills)
Those are enough acronyms - we will leave out all of
the other ones to allow for all styles of teaching.
If anyone wants to add any more letters of the
alphabet - let me know.

Judy Decker

P.S. for Woody....I do this all day long..."If we
are going to burn the midnight oil on stuff, let
it be new content or new ways to make old
content meaningful" and often into the wee hours of
the morning. Maybe this Portrait Gallery and Art Room
addition will help. We will see.