Re: Art Smarts

---------

From: LINDA KIELING (kielingl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 12:49:38 PDT

:-( so frustrating that in 2004 so many still don't value the
arts...............where are you teaching?

>>> jmcossin@yahoo.com 4/29/2004 12:39:08 PM >>>
I do the same thing...............and they announced today that they
will be cutting over half of the art teachers at the middle school
level. So much for 9 years of advocacy...............

N2ART247@aol.com wrote:I, too have tremendous faculty and staff
support! They see what the children are learning. I smather it all over
the walls. Tastefully smathered ;-) of course! ALWAYS with descriptors -
integrated standards, vocabulary words, history connections, student
writings and method of processes. My staff ALSO has said "We finally
have a REAL art teacher." (whatever that really means -teehee) Let your
work and the work of the students speak (YELL) for itself! We KNOW at
our school that ARTS are an integral component of any comprehensive
learning experience. Show them how!

LaDonna Dixon, NBCT

"I never let my schooling get
in way of my education."