Re: Art Smarts

---------

From: Jancy & Mike Cossin (jmcossin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 12:39:08 PDT

I do the same thing...............and they announced today that they will be cutting over half of the art teachers at the middle school level. So much for 9 years of advocacy...............

N2ART247@aol.com wrote:I, too have tremendous faculty and staff support! They see what the children are learning. I smather it all over the walls. Tastefully smathered ;-) of course! ALWAYS with descriptors - integrated standards, vocabulary words, history connections, student writings and method of processes. My staff ALSO has said "We finally have a REAL art teacher." (whatever that really means -teehee) Let your work and the work of the students speak (YELL) for itself! We KNOW at our school that ARTS are an integral component of any comprehensive learning experience. Show them how!

LaDonna Dixon, NBCT

"I never let my schooling get
in way of my education."
Mark Twain