Re: acronyms

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 13:26:56 PDT

Yes, Administrators seem to love acronyms.
I once started a presentation with a slide
showing all the new acronyms/techniques, etc.
that I was suppose to be familiar with. I truly
believe teachers are thrown way too many
reforms/changes etc. and that they get in the
way of real teaching and learning. We began our
inservices with several new acronyms each week.
We would look puzzled at each other when ask
if we remembered what last weeks acronyms
stood for as if it was really important. If we
are going to burn the midnight oil on stuff, let
it be new content or new ways to make old
content meaningful.
                                        Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons