Re: Getting Outside Lesson Idea -Artist's name correction

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 06:07:53 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

I goofed on the name of the Native American Artist...I
should have looked him up..His name is Doug Coffin:
Here are Coffin's examples:
http://www.gallery-piazza.com/GalleryPiazza/Artists/DougCoffin/D_C.html
http://clinton4.nara.gov/WH/Tours/Garden_Exhibit6/exhibit.html

If anyone is really interested in his work, I will try
to contact him for more images. Linda Woods is already
thinking about him for next year....Her unit may have
some wild decorations as you may well remember her
Oaxacan animals. She has a lot of fun wood scraps to
use up....Look out - there may be a new kind of totem
coming from the South West. Linda will show her
students many examples of Totem art and discuss
meanings and will show many examples of verticle
assemblage art. Lots of Ps and Es will be discussed.
Sounds like a super lesson!

Judy Decker