Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

A Call for more Student Art on Incredible Art Department

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 05:35:01 PDT

Greetings ArtsEdNetters,

I re-discovered Craig Roland's Student Art Links on
his site:

My first stop was Portraits from Australia:
About Face:

I think this would be a SUPER feature to add to
Incredible Art Department. I could not maintain a
large gallery of images - but could do one school a
month. I would link this from Great Sites. If anyone
is interested in showcasing student portraits - from
around the world - just let me know (off list please).
I am thinking a maximum of 10 per school (various
grade levels OK - you MUST get permission if you want
the names shown).

I could also open up the Internet Art Room:
And feature a different art room each month. This
feature has not had any updates in years.

This might be a way for YOU to get a presence on the
web for a short time. I would leave each school up for
a few months - then add new ones. Maybe I
will keep adding to get another row of clowns? Right
now - I want to keep them to a one page "Art Room". I
will put thumbnails of the student work linking to
larger images. I have some teachers in mind to get me
started with sample pages. Reply to me OFF list if you
have an interest. If I get five - I will play with the
idea. I will even be able to update your images in
your "Art Room". Do NOT send the art wrok now.

It is my goal to make Incredible Art Department more
about students and their art. My call for more student
art sites for Great Sites has not worked...Maybe this
will? My "promise" will be to do the work by the end
of the school year....then work on more mini sites
over the summer using work
from this school year. I will keep rotating the new
"Art Rooms" - keeping them to five clowns - with your
school names below (new ones added as they come in). I
will announce updates to all lists. These mini sites
will not have lessons plans - but I would like a
sentence or two about the projects you showcase.

FYI - I hunted for three hours the other day just for
high school sites to feature....I came up with a few
from my efforts. If you want to see great student art
- please do some surfing around your county and see
what you can find. It is hard to find sites without
knowing the name of the schools.

Judy Decker

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department