Re: Wendy - renditions of other artists work -Craig Roland's Web Quest

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 20:03:20 PDT

Wendy,

Here is a bunch of "inspired by Van Gogh"
http://www.vangoghgallery.com/inspired/main.htm
Here is a computer graphic:
http://www.vangoghgallery.com/inspired/non-traditional/023.htm

I posted some inspired by Frida Kahlo a while back.

Here is an article on copycat Artists:
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/09/24/1064083041326.html

I just looked up "copycat artist" and found this
article - so be careful who and what you copy:
http://www.jjkaufman.com/articles/Dontbeacopycat.htm

In all honesty...one can copy all they want - just not
try to publish it anywear or sell it...and they have
nothing to fear....or copy someone long dead (in
public domain) and they have nothing to fear. There is
big money in learning how to copy the masters - in
restoration efforts.

The cubists worked so closely together that it is hard
to tell who did what at times.

Here is one Lichtenstein after Picasso:
http://www.nymuseum.com/Lichtenstein/Roy%20Pages/ArtCritic.htm
There are other Lichtensteins....Picasso wasn't
toofond of him copyinghis style.

Ah ha! I found it! Craig Roland's Whose Art is it
anyways?
http://www.artjunction.org/projects/levine_on_trial/index.html

There might be more Lichtenstein online. I know
Shorewood has one print available.

Judy Decker