RE: need help with kites

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 17:51:09 PDT

I have used tissue paper to make fish kites. The students cut out the fish
shape, glued a strip of white paper at one end and curled it to make the
mouth, and added colorful tissue scales. Definitely not a lasting medium,
though!

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From Kathy Hughes <kchughes55@yahoo.com> =====
>Next week I have to do a kite making activity with all the special ed classes
at my school for Very Special Arts week. I have some plans for some basic
kites but I want what I do with them to have some relevance to art. Does
anyone have any ideas on the best media or techniques I could use with them to
decorate the kites? Paint is probably out of the question as we only have an
hour and they would take too long to dry. I am open to suggestion if anyone
has any ideas or alternative methods. Even something where each kids kite was
assembled together to make a huge artwork for the school hallway would be
interesting but it's just not coming together in my head.