need help with kites

---------

From: Kathy Hughes (kchughes55_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 16:46:16 PDT

Next week I have to do a kite making activity with all the special ed classes at my school for Very Special Arts week. I have some plans for some basic kites but I want what I do with them to have some relevance to art. Does anyone have any ideas on the best media or techniques I could use with them to decorate the kites? Paint is probably out of the question as we only have an hour and they would take too long to dry. I am open to suggestion if anyone has any ideas or alternative methods. Even something where each kids kite was assembled together to make a huge artwork for the school hallway would be interesting but it's just not coming together in my head.
Any ideas...
Thanks,
Kathy