Re: Tough Times in Wisconsin! and more

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 12:31:31 PDT

This is a fabulous idea---I think this is something we could really put some weight behind and help the whole country!! Send this out to all the teachers in your school.

>>> dmortl@hotmail.com 04/28/2004 6:22:51 AM >>>
The reason why the budget is so bad in most every state and teachers have
not gotten raises in so long really boils down to health care increases, but
the system is putting a band-aid on the surface (temporary fixes) instead of
dealing with the cause. A big part of the health cost increases have been
in advertising, expecially amongst the drug companies. It is over a $3
billion a year industry, and that cost is passed down to us, the consumer.
I've been pushing to eliminate advertising (they did it with alcohol ads on
tv) and start saving money at the ground level. Email your congressmen and
senators and work at the root of the problem instead of the surface.

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page * FREE