RE: Passion-Funny story

---------

From: Leslie Miller (lamiller3_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 19:00:16 PDT

From: Karen Chilman [mailto:ChilArt@peoplepc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 9:08 AM
 Subject: Passion

My "passion" seems to change with the unit that I am teaching. Sometimes it
is my student work that I am passionate about.
I do have my "favorites" in categories... I have an affinity for Georgia
O'Keeffe,

I take my fourth grades to the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston each year. Last
year, we had a great trip, the children on a self guided-tour with parent
chaperones. We all had to be back on the buses by 12:30, because the busses
have to be back in Framingham by 1:30 at the latest, or we owe more money.

!2:30 , all the children and parents and teachers on the buses, ready to go.
EXCEPT ONE ! A parent, a gifted metal smith, is missing. We send two
teachers off looking for him. 15 minutes later they are back with him. They
had found him in front of the Georgia O’Keeffe paintings, weeping.
Apparently he had reached that point in the tour (the last stop for his
group) and just become overwhelmed with love for the work! He sent on the 7
children, with the other two chaperones, promising he would be along in a
moment.

We all, who knew this parent, had quite a giggle at his expense. I knew
exactly how he felt, after all. I was hit the same way by the late Rembrandt
self portrait in our recent show.

The kids were impressed.

Leslie in Framingham, MA

---