Re: Passion Artist

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 08:52:42 PDT

Its hard to narrow it down to one for me...

American Art has become that much more fascinating and essential to me
since I started personally painting plein air eight years ago.

John Singer Sargent's outdoor watercolors done on location, and oils are
stimulating, informative and essential.

The 2nd biggest selling of all American artists to Sargent is one many
are not familiar with and ought to be, Edward Redfield.
He was a painter with the Buck County Impressionist group...and many of
his canvases were 50"x 56" carried into the field and forests, and often
tied to trees to act as support and easel. How he got those out in one
piece I would have loved to have seen. He painted alla prima, that is
in one session...from morning till finished in the afternoon.

Emile Gruppe, Edgar Payne, William M. Chase, and our more modern day
master Richard Schmid...

Larry Seiler
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org

---