Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Post your "passion" artist - Niki de Saint Phalle

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 18:00:49 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetter,

Well... I thought I would jump in with one.

Use Niki de Saint Phalle to inspire a wrapped wire
sculpture - or use her rounded works to inspire some
stuffed wire/nylon sculpture -with plaster addition
and maybe mosaic/gem accents:

I am just playing around - and found this FUN image
called Blue Magic by Niki de Saint Phalle
San Diego Museum has a nice collection online - brief
information about each artist, too.
Link is now included on my USA Museums page.

More FUN Sculpture by Niki de Saint Phalle
Take a walk through the garden: Click
yellow arrow to move forward

Some of the Tarot Cards could also inspire wrapped
wire sculpture:
Site has biography too.

Niki Museum in Japan:

This is nice- Sun God:
Use to inspire a different kind of wire/stocking
sculpture. Make a wire armature - wrap with poly
stuffing - cover with nylon stockings - sew into place
- just a stitch hear and there - and wrap with plaster
gauze. Embellish with paints - gems and more.
Maybe I will need to make a fish goddess woman
sculpture, now. Ah - more Invisible Art!

More individual works:

Niki will be found on an new page to come on my site:
Artists in Today's Classrooms: Who is your "Passion"?
Artists who inspire teachers and their students.

You folks have missed many of my "passions for the

Judy Decker

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources