Re: Post your "passion" artist - Niki de Saint Phalle

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 18:00:49 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetter,

Well... I thought I would jump in with one.

Use Niki de Saint Phalle to inspire a wrapped wire
sculpture - or use her rounded works to inspire some
stuffed wire/nylon sculpture -with plaster addition
and maybe mosaic/gem accents:

I am just playing around - and found this FUN image
called Blue Magic by Niki de Saint Phalle
http://cgi.www.sandiegomuseum.org/cgi-bin/www.sandiegomuseum.org/image.pl?mode=&painting=145592
or http://tinyurl.com/2zrnv
San Diego Museum has a nice collection online - brief
information about each artist, too.
Link is now included on my USA Museums page.

More FUN Sculpture by Niki de Saint Phalle
http://www.nikidesaintphalle.com/entrance.html
Take a walk through the garden:
http://www.nikidesaintphalle.com/walk.html Click
yellow arrow to move forward

Some of the Tarot Cards could also inspire wrapped
wire sculpture:
http://www.nikidesaintphalle.com/cardmenu.html
Site has biography too.

Niki Museum in Japan:
http://www.int-acc.or.jp/niki/english/index.htm

This is nice- Sun God:
http://stuartcollection.ucsd.edu/phalle/index.html
Use to inspire a different kind of wire/stocking
sculpture. Make a wire armature - wrap with poly
stuffing - cover with nylon stockings - sew into place
- just a stitch hear and there - and wrap with plaster
gauze. Embellish with paints - gems and more.
Maybe I will need to make a fish goddess woman
sculpture, now. Ah - more Invisible Art!

More individual works:
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/saint-phalle_niki_de.html

Niki will be found on an new page to come on my site:
Artists in Today's Classrooms: Who is your "Passion"?
Artists who inspire teachers and their students.

You folks have missed many of my "passions for the
day".

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker