FlexCam/Large Classes

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (arttucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 25 2004 - 10:02:38 PDT

I "borrowed" a flexcam from one of our 8th grade science teachers this
year. Since I have had huge 8th grade classes (35) I needed a way to demo
techniques so all can see: this is the way. It's a little tricky to
figure out the viewing area, but I recommend it.

You guys already probably do thits, but I finally figured out that giving
my kids safety-cut plates and linoleum tools and expecting success was
antithetical. Each nine-week rotation left me with plates kids didn't
want, so I cut them in half and had my current class practice different
marks on the non-used side BEFORE they began designing on paper. I think
it made a difference in how they approached the design process. Plus, if
their design was too complicated, I'd ask them to try it on their block,
first.

Have a great weekend. Woody--I loved the photos of NAEA.

Maggie Tucker

arttucker@earthlink.net

---