BBC article: Our friends in the East

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissaenderle_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 24 2004 - 23:07:05 PDT

Dear all,

This morning as I checked the news online (as I don't have a TV), the
following article perked my attention. As you know, I will be teaching in
Belgrade, part of former Yugoslavia. Several former Communist countries near
it have just joined the EU. However, perceptions of Eastern Bloc and
backwardness still linger. This article talks about one person's examination
of those attitudes and provides some "food for thought."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/3653131.stm

Melissa

---