Greetings all you bone collectors - a work of art for you!

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 24 2004 - 11:30:05 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Now that all of you have bones drying on your roof
tops (grin) I thought I would share this marvelous
work of art with you.

I know how all of you love to use bones for
observational drawings.....Who is going to be first to
just have to own La Loba? Amy already sold "my
doll" (the one I wanted)
http://thirdroar.com/sculptures/2004-003-LaLoba/

One of my favorite dollmakers has finished her doll
named La Loba.
La Loba Sings the Bones
http://darriendesign.com/serendipity/laloba.htm
Excerpt from "Women Who Run With the Wolves," by
Clarissa Pinkola Estes

See the progress:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/draiguisge/118254.html#cutid1

Amy Rawson's Hugin and Munin are finished:
http://thirdroar.com/sculptures/2004-002-HuginMunin/
Read the story about them....Folks Dollmaking IS
storytelling....and it is ART.
I would love for some one out there to get as hooked
on this topic as I am. I have started my dolls - but
set them aside for right now. I have four other
projects going right now. Don't know how many photos I
will take along the way. All are for lesson plans that
I will write.
See her study for Hugin and Munin:
http://thirdroar.com/digitalart/2004-003-huginmunin/

I met Amy Rawson when she posted Crane Woman to the
dollmakers' list:
http://thirdroar.com/sculptures/

You will love Amy Rawson's city paintings:
http://thirdroar.com/paintings/2003-99/

Amy Rawson's Journal:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/draiguisge/
I enjoy reading all she is doing...it is fun.

I have Amy linked on my Dollmakers links page - on
American Artists - and on my hands page.

Amy also has high quality images at:
http://www.epilogue.net/cgi/database/art/list.pl?gallery=9111&genre
 (add an = sign if this doesn't work)

Enjoy her work! Happy sculpting to all.

Judy Decker

P.S. Dollmaking is also a good lesson for fashion design.

=====
Judy Decker
jdecker4art@yahoo.com
Incredible Art Department