essential list

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 15:48:20 PDT

This is really my thing. I have had such a tight budget that I really think
about what will last:
This is high school with a budget of about 2,600( which is low for Maine)
Papers:
I buy Sax construction paper ( Majestic) it has started coming in 100 pks
buy light values such as lilac, grey light green in lieu of more expensive
drawing papers. We use the light values for drawings such as portraits
where you may want a toned paper.
I buy black construction paper in 3 sizes for framing
When I can upgrade I get Art Again paper
I find the pks of 100 18 x 12 white tag board essential. I use it for
folders, and matting
12 x 18 med weight white drawing paper
the colored asst news print is wonderful for printmaking.
when I can afford water color paper I get 11"x15' (pks 100) Halifax water
color paper. It seems to be the best value for quantity.
I like prang water colors and have leaned towards the larger ovals or full
pans. I buy the replacement strips for 1.99 and replace colors.
I buy the huge roll of wax paper, because at the high school level I try to
start all first years out with folded over wax paper as a disposable
palette.
I buy foam core board every third year. The 5 pak 20 ish by 30ish in size.
It's most recent use has been as temporary hanging display boards.

actually I can forward my budget list if any one thinks they can open it.
It is a spreadsheet in Microsoft works.

Randy in Maine

---