Nikki - Elements, Principles & Artists - My 2 cents

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 17:24:10 PDT

Greetings Nikki,

I decided I needed to throw my hat in, too. Today it
red - to match my purple dress (giggle). I ordered a
doll in honor of the Poem "Warning" by Jenny Joseph -
My mom loved that.

Here is Joe Cox's Elements - they look OK to me:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/elements.htm

And here is the reason for confusions:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/elements2.htm
Marvin - no need to jump in - your post is right here.

Scroll down on that page for Ken Schwab's Ps and Es.

As I told Linda - who had the same Ps and Es as
me...The important thing is that you can agree in your
district - so kids don't get confused. I really don't
feel it is important for 900 art teachers to agree
(grin). I did give my kiddies other lists they might
find as well.

I just defined Artist for Linda, too - just for fun.

An Artist: Somebody who creates art with great skill
and creativity - using their hands, head and heart.

Now that doesn't mean people are running around
painting with their heads...I mean thinking! and by
heart - putting themselves into the work.

Now we just have to decide if Ruby the elephant was an
artist. She used her trunk.

Here is ART: The creation of beautiful or
thought-provoking works produced through creative
activity - employing elements and principles of
design.

I deliberately left off that art is usually just
considered drawing, painting and sculpture - I think
art is ALL media/art forms/styles

The great mystery has been solved.

Cheers!

Judy Decker