RE: Elements, Principles & Artists: I hope this helps!

---------

From: LINDA KIELING (kielingl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 16:50:41 PDT

I too get frustrated by differing information in different
sources...........I consistently use:
elements: line, shape, form, color, texture, value, space
principles: balance, rhythm, unity, pattern, movement, contrast,
emphasis

Linda W. Kieling
Art Educator
OAEA Youth Art Month Chair
Rosemont Ridge Middle School
20001 Salamo Road
West Linn, OR 97068
503.673.7591
503.657.8720 fax
www.rrms.wlwv.k12.or.us/KielingL/Artindex.htm

>>> author@artschoolsuccess.com 4/22/2004 4:41:41 PM >>>
Hi,

I've seen many different lists of the elements and principles of design
too.
So in my list of principles, I include "economy" which is to economize,
abstract, to simplify. One must use some or all of the elements to
some
degree to economize a work of art. In my opinion, all works of art
have
been simplified to some extent.

Now here's a question for you all:

What does your list of the elements consist of? And the principles
too?

Let's see how we all differ and see if we can come up with some kind
of
common ground . . . shall we?

John D Buchanan
Author of "Create Your Own Art School Success"
http://artschoolsuccess.com