Jeannie's Teacher Appreciation File for Sharing

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 13:27:06 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Here is a file that you will find useful should you
ever be on the Social Committee of Morale Booster
Committee. Jeannie Sandoval posted the question and I
asked her to compile it all. She has included other
information she found online....Due to copyright, I
can not link this permanently - but I can share it
with you this way:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/teacher.doc

Teacher Appreciation week is the first full week of
May. This will only be online for one week - so grab
it now.

Thanks Jeannie - and thanks to all who replied.
Apologies to all if any ideas were omitted. Compiling
all of the good ideas isn't as easy as you might
think. Jeannie was watching two list serves for these.

Be sure to thank a special teacher in your child's
life too! National Teacher's Day is the Tuesday during
that week.

Maybe each of your students could make a Sculpy medal?
So easy to do -- with a wire loop inserted before
baking. Finish with black paint and gold Rub 'n Buff -
or metallic powers. Choose your school colors for the
ribbon. I know ...just maybe not all teachers would
get a medal from a student -- but come on...Wouldn't
it be fun to see who was wearing the most medals that
day? (grin -the ART TEACH of course!)

Medals could even be made from a simple heart push
mold if you want super easy. Firing clay medals would
need a hole for hanging of course ahead of time. A
local fabrics' store many even donate some thin ribbon
for these. Let me know if you try it and I will add
that to the list.

Cheers!

Judy Decker

=====