Re: Essential Materials List - free from community

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 12:31:55 PDT

Kay and others,

I think what really helped me was when we created a
FREE from the community list of supplies. We just
checked all around Bowling Green to see what we could
drum up. I can't remember all we had so will just
start this off the top of my head.

1. old miss-mixed paints - paint supply stores/retail
stores
2. old metal screens for sculpture
3. wood scraps for sculpture from lumber yeras and
cabinet makers
4. 2 x 4s from builders - other wood scraps
5. Dow board scraps from builders
6. matt board and foam core scraps from framing shops
7. scrap Plexiglas for printmaking - many uses - from
hardware/window dept.
8. corrugated cardboard and styrofoam from retail
(especially appliance shops).
9. any industries/factories in your area will have
lots of stull - I made out when Westinghouse closed.
10. left over car paints - now considereed too toxic
to use (but sure made great patinas!)

Well... I have to run now - maybe more will add on to
this list?

Judy