artful experience

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 08:19:14 PDT

Yesterday I took 28 students to the oklahoma city art festival and the Dale
Chihuly permanent installation at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art. It was
great, when they walked into the first room of glass they were struck
speechless. That was a great moment. speechless middleschoolers.

I also demonstrated multiple block color woodcut at the new "Artful
Experiences" display. It was fun, except that they hadn't brought any white
ink so I had to re-think my whole plan (with four pre-cut blocks) in front
of an audience with a mirror over my head and a mike. It worked out ok I
think. I also did a black & white woodcut and an on-the-spot reduction print
of a bad pomegranate. I was going to do an apple but someone requested a
pomegranate!

So, if you are in OK and going to the festival, be sure and go by Artful
Experiences. There are displays on different printmaking processes by some
excellent printmakers, and four different printmakers are demonstrating
every day. Processes include relief, monotype, stone litho, intaglio and
digital.

---