Re: How Rude , Manners, Atitude

---------

From: sandra summers-barrick (tamayo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 14:26:47 PDT

        If anyone has the top ten list-Rude things teacher's do to student
please post this or to me privately. Thanks!
        I love this line of subject. The last email I printed and brought to
school and I didn't tell the class (8th grade) what the top 3 were since
I only had that portion. I asked the class and some of it was pretty
enlightening to see that they are so egocentric in their interpretation
of teacher's reaction to their angelic personalities. While I was
writing on the board I noticed several students taking the opportunity
to turn in their seat and talk to the closest person next to them, shout
out responses, reading a book under the table etc. YOu know the
irritating little things teenagers do. Most were pretty enthusiastic
about getting their voices heard. One student said: (touching me), not
improperly and I might add he loves being touched by the girls in his
class! A really big gripe was- eating in front of us. Ignoring was
another contribution. The I read the 3 on the list. They just all
agreed. I didn't have the teacher's version but came up with my own by
using the examples at hand.
        I did the same with the 5th grade- now they just didn't get it and it
was really about rules that if they followed then they wouldn't have
anything to put on the board. Theirs is mainly punishment for their bad
behavior and the teacher's giving them consequences. They really didn't
think that was fair- plus they continuously talked out of turn came to
me instead of raising their hand. Etc.
Sandra

Sara wrote:

> The book How Rude book, The Teenagers' Guide to Good Manners, Proper
> Behavior, and Not Grossing People Out by Alex Parker

---