How Rude , Manners, Atitude

---------

From: Sara (sarawren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 12:42:03 PDT

Friends
I think we as Art Teacher can teach some of the following information when
we teach What is an Artist?, Art Atitude, Art
Self -Discipline,......................Classroom Rules.....

The book How Rude book, The Teenagers' Guide to Good Manners, Proper
Behavior, and Not Grossing People Out by Alex Parker
could be a useful tool to develop a positive classroom.
Chapter 6 deals with School Rules, Civility in the Land of Tater Tots.
It has lots of pages to turn into posters to use for discussion.
There are surveys as:

The Top Things Students Do To Teacher
Top Ten
1. Talk while the teacher is trying to teach.
2. Not raise their hand.
3. Not say "Please", "Thank you" and "Excuse me".
4. Talk back.
5. Make no attempt to hide their boredom, irritation, or anger.
6. Not pay attention.
7. Use physical or verbal aggression to get their way.
8. Swear.
9. Continue a behavior after being asked to stop.
10. Use disrespectful body langage (rolling their eyes, slouching,etc.)

The Rude Things Teachers Do to Students
Top Ten
1. Make fun of us in front of the whole class.
2. Deliberately ignore us.
3. Play favorites.
4.............................

Surveys on

The Rude Things Students Do to other Students
I also like Chapter 1 discussion on

Why Good Manners Are Good for you.

1. Good manners put people at ease. People at ease are more likely to agree
to your requests.
2. Good manners impress people. People who are impressed by your behavior
are more likely to treat you with respect.
3. Good manners build. Teenagers with self- esteem are more likely to get
what they want out of life.

Interested stuff to teach.
I plan to make some posters

I first got a copy at the library but want to get my own copy soon.

Sara

---