RE: Grace Hall's Art for the Troops idea

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 07:45:01 PDT

Hi All! My husband just returned from a year long deployment to Afghanistan 10
days ago. If anyone has any speccific questions about the logistics of sending
mail to servicemembers, Ihe may be able to help. I know that the military will
NOT accept any letters adressed to "Any Service Member" anymore. You will have
to find a person to send them to to be distibuted.
My students created artwork (Picasso Peace Doves) and we sent them to my
husbad to be handed out to the children in a local village.
Please so not forget the soldiers and Marines serving in Afghanistan and other
ountries besides Iraq. Although Iraq is very prominant in the news right now,
we do have troops stationed all around the world who would love a morale
boost.

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>Grace Hall is doing art for the troops from her
>community. If any one is interested in her project now
>and would like our "conversations" so far - I will be
>happy to forward it to you off list (the long
>versions). Lesson plan for this will come AFTER Grace
>is finished. She is thinking about 5 x 7 inch
>laminated art - with a brief message or poem on back -
>and maybe a digital picture of the student along with
>school address printed right on the card. Students
>could even write their message on computer and print
>it off on half sheet tag board. Most printers now will
>accept tag board.

---