Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

teacher appreciation ideas

From: Heather Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 07:37:51 PDT

One year I had each kid in my classes choose a teacher and make a poster
thanking them. I encouraged them to add something about that teacher to
personalize the poster- some kids drew the teacher, some made up a phrase,
most just included something about the subject the teacher taught (I am in
middle school). I checked off the teachers as the kids chose and no one was
allowed to pick a teacher who already had been chosen until everyone was
taken. Every one had at least one poster, a good number had 2 and a few had
3 or 4. Some kids got really carried away and made extra. We didn't take a
ton of time on it- they were just on butcher paper (colored and white, not
the brown wrapping kind) and painted with tempera and decorated with
markers. We kept it secret, and the night before Teacher's Day I stayed late
and hung them all up all over the school. Teachers loved it- it was a number
of years ago, and teachers still bring it up every year on teachers day.
Some still have their posters.