Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Fun Fine ART Paper Dolls - Oodles of links for crafts

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 19:01:55 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

I have joined another Art Doll list - this one on
Yahoo - Art Dollz - This seems like a fun group so
far. I just get the digest.

How about this idea for a "Found Art" Project.
Even hubby liked these paper dolls!
Finally - an easy way to get dollmaking into schools.
Melissa has done paper dolls -and they were a smashing
success! I will forward the work to you if
interested...I'm still working on the lesson page.

Kids could make their own sculpty face (or use a
digitl photo) - then use all sorts of collage
materials to design the doll...How do I know this will
work? I made my very first doll this way when I was in
elementary....and my sixth graders loved making little
jester dolls as a free time activity - boys like them
the best! Some turned theirs into knights.

DO Check out Art Dollz Zine- YOu will want all 3 CDs
on dollmaking tips from highly creative people:
This site is by Francie Horton and she want to get
ideas out to kids too.

Tie in Doll History for DBAE:

Here are more links than you will need for a long time
on Dolls and such - Thanks to Art Dollz list serve.

Apologies to the digest users - just scroll on past
this long list - or copy and paste to save.

Warning (smile) --- long list of Sites of Interest

General Doll Sites:

Patterns, Kits, and Instructions: (associated with lisa's heaven)

Rubber Stamps and Supplies:

Galleries/Artist Sites:

Just save this to file...I am not "nuts" enough to
check all of them now and link.
On a slow day - I may check more of them...most are
new to me sites.

Judy Decker

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department