Re: teacher appreciation week- need ideas

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 14:26:41 PDT

Jeannie,

This one is neat - IF you have money to spend....Buy a
cheapo bowls (or if time kids make paper mache
bowls!). I bought sets of bowls at the dollar store
for ceramics. Maybe 6 for $1.00?

Kids decorate the bowls - Teacher Appreciation (what
ever)with kid like drawings - maybe just use
paintmakers. Then put an assortment of special candies
with a saying attached to each one. See this idea. I
am thinking one roll of lifesavers - a few Hersheys
kisses - some smarties or star bursts - a pack of
Carefree gum
http://familycrafts.about.com/cs/giftsforteacher/a/blteachbowl.htm
more ideas:
http://familycrafts.about.com/cs/giftsforteacher/

OR how about this take (my own idea!)? Get some
Chinese take out containers - decorate - individualize
-and fill them with fortune cookies. You are Worth a
Fortune to Us!"
Or if you want to be even cheaper - just fortunes from
the Chinse new year site (grin).

Goodness - look at allte takes on the survial kit of
life - these especially for teachers:
http://geocities.com/survivalkits/teachers.html
Pick and choose items and pput the int special bowl.

Well... I am off this topic now...have fun! and let us
know what you did.

Cheers!

Judy