RE: teacher appreciation week- need ideas

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 09:16:57 PDT

at my son's school they have collections on some of the days - flowers,
office supplies, candy... parents meet them at the door, collect everything
and redistribute into vases or baskets... that way all teachers (Special
area, resource...)are remembered...

at our school the homeroom teachers were the only ones that got anything
from classes - but during the week the PTA supplied breakfast one day,
desserts another and a reception on Friday afternoon...

I always wondered why each class didn't 'adopt' a special area teacher to
remember - anyway, one survey later -each family sends in $10 and we
(everyone) get a gift certificate.... nothing else really happens except for
teachers of the youngers with 'gung ho' room parents.

This year I had each of my middle school classes write something in an
accordion fold book - I made them out of really nice paper, covered the
covers with Washi paper and beautiful ribbon to tie... each child's 'thanks'
was supposed to be tied to a specific event... not just 'thanks for PE....
and except for the three comments that had to be changed (from the mild
'thanks for forcing me to run the mile' to the blatant 'thanks for nothing')
- they were very nice.

handmade books/small photo albums would be pretty - paste papers or
other....

Ellen

---