Todays Fortunes for Art Teachers and Dollmakers

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 14:02:42 PDT

Greetings Getty ArtsEdNetters and Dollmakers,

Dollmakers are patiently waiting my ideas on how to
sell more dolls....through YOU the art teachers. I
have "commissioned" two dolls now and am thinking
about a third. I have dolls in my head that I want to
own - and know exactly who can make them for me. Once
I get my three "perfect for me" dolls - then I may
start my own...I will have to see. Anyways...here are
fortunes for BOTH lists for now....

"A new outlook brightens your image and brings new
friends"

"A Golden egg of opportunity falls into your lap this
month"

Now I already know these fortunes were not mine as I
shared them with my new dollmaker friend
already...then I thought they must be for all of you,
too. It is no secret that I have been trying to get
figurative sculpture into art classrooms for the last
four months now. Many of these dollmakers have become
dear friends of mine. I am asking them now to "test"
the waters and get their toes wet and see how
responsive the ART TEACHERS are in their community to
some fun activities to get KIDS to love dollmaking,
too...and to get the adults in the community buying
more of the dollmakers' fine art dolls. Dollmaking IS
art making.

Many of these dollmakers are big names in the
dollmakers' circles and may not need help from art
teachers or the next generation of art buyers. BUT
there are also many who do want to have more buyers in
the future...and you (art teachers) have those future
buyers in your classrooms right now (parents and
coworkers are buyers today -not to mention YOU)

Art teachers - especially middle school - if a
dollmaker drops you a card - or gives you a phone call
- consider that they may just may have some good ideas
for you....and maybe you can come up with some $$ to
help pay for their time - or certainly accept their
desire to volunteer their time. I always paid my
special guests myself - but all of you may get help
from the parent organizations. Folks KIDS LOVE TO SEW!
and sculpt.

I am working on ideas...and will put them all on this
page - Bud Mayes gave me a whole bunch of good ones to
add.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/links/artists2.htm
For folks who use IAD - that is linked from the
Artists page in Art Departments. Dollmakers - I will
give it to you when finished. Good ideas have been
rolling in. I will also link it from the doll lesson
plan page and from my dollmaker links section.

Have fun connecting Artists/Art makers to Kids!
Thanks dollmakers for your patience. It has been a
busy mail day for me.

Sincerely,

Judy Decker

=====