RE: Printmaking and Tessellations

---------

From: San D (kprs_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 13:49:15 PDT

...Hello, I was wanting to know if anyone has done a Printmaking assignment
using Tessellations. If I could know how you did the assignment, then I
would be grateful...

I've done tessellations with linoleum block printing (not subtraction, but
one color printing). I am assuming that you know how to do tesselations. I
had the kids do the tesselations, and then take ONE of the pieces and cut
the linoleum to THAT shape (they traced around the tessellated piece of
paper they made first...remember to do it backwards particularly if you have
them turn the shape into something..like Escher with the lizards). They then
printed on a larger piece of paper each of the pieces so they fit into the
other. I had them change colors piece into piece. Does that make sense??

San D

---