RE: multi-cultural designs - Suzy

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 11:09:27 PDT

Dear Suzy,

Suzy, for some reason I never got your post....

I have many links for Ndebele Art - I just don't have
them on my site. I do have many culture represented so
students can look up the cultures then create their
own interpretations for their art....You can see my
interpretation of Bwa, Senofu and Bamana in my work of
art:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/my-art.htm
Scroll to "My Family".
Bwa on top - Senufo in fish - and Bamana Mud cloth on
bottom. There is so much personal symbolism in this
piece that is not on my site.

Here is the home page:

Email me OFF LIST with each culture you still need and
I will send the links to you- my guess is I have them
already in a folder.

Your only "obligation" for all of this work is to send
me a digital image when it is finished. Do we have a
deal?

Yes the Dover books are all good - I have many of them
- but many do not tell you the meanings. Thanks Jean
for sharing them with Suzy.

Hope this helps,

Judy Decker

--- "King, Jean" <JKING5@houstonisd.org> wrote:
> Try the Dover art books. They have several for
> different cultures. Great
> idea books.

=====
Judy Decker