Re: Printmaking and Tessellations (Connie Ferguson too)

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 08:40:45 PDT

Greetings Jim and all,

I can see you have already received some excellent
advice on this topic. How did the sculpture project
go? I know all who helped with that would like to see
an example or two.

Incredible Art Department has an EXCELLENT lesson
online using printmaking -Escher-Tessellations...the
work was done by Connie's middle school kids - but her
sister also did the lesson with high school. I will
see if I can "twist her arm" to get a high school
sample soon.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/8thBatikLanterns.htm
From Monroe Middle School - Monroe Wisconsin

This was my first new lesson plan added to Incredible
Art Department when I took over --Thanks Connie
Ferguson for getting the ball rolling.

See if this link will take you to more of them?
http://www.monroeschools.com/webshare/DataBase-MMS.nsf/MMS%208th%20Grade%20Batik%

or http://tinyurl.com/2s4lz

Bunki Kramer has a lino cut lesson on her site - I
will let her talk about that. I think I may have added
a link to my site (See Islamic art page)? Consider
Islamic art for that lesson.

Sincerely,

Judith Decker