RE: Printmaking and Tessellations

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 07:16:13 PDT

 - I have done it - but it has been some time.

If you make a small plate - you can use it more like a stamp, and
positioning is so much easier.
You can use Styrofoam plates - cutting out the shape, using a pencil to
draw, 'stab' for lines and texture (marker tops make great circles - large
and small) - mount the foam on a mat board plate, and print. If it is
smaller, you can make a small 'knob/handle' thing on the back - score and
fold mat board, glue to the base so that you have something to grab. If you
have blocks of wood to mount the foam, you wouldn't need a handle...

you can also use fun foam glued to mat board (I think you can also buy fun
foam with adhesive backs) - they can draw their tessellation onto the foam,
cut out - trim for spacing the shapes (think of an exploding drawing) - ink
up and print...

Grid your paper and print in every other section - draw details with
sharpie, or medium of choice in the blank sections.

        Ellen

> Hello, I was wanting to know if anyone has done a Printmaking assignment
> using Tessellations. If I could know how you did the assignment, then I
> would be grateful
> James Ray

---