Printmaking and Tessellations

---------

From: Jim Ray (jimstacyray_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 06:53:23 PDT

Hello, I was wanting to know if anyone has done a Printmaking assignment using Tessellations. If I could know how you did the assignment, then I would be grateful.
Because I need to squeeze in Printmaking before the end of the year and thinking Tessellations would be a neat new idea.
I was thinking of using Styrofoam plates and cutting out a geometric shape and then cutting out a tessellation and then glueing it to a hard surface like cardboard or foamboard. Then drawing on the styrofoam with a pen to create lines and textures.
But printing them in the right space seems a trick I will need to learn.

Please give me some suggestions.
James Ray

---