Re: perspective lessons

---------

From: houstonia nerd (houstonianerd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 20:01:21 PDT

I'm actually teaching my Art I students perspective at
the moment. Today they did one point and I showed them
step-by-step on the overhead, just like I did with
middle school, and believe it or not, many more than I
excpected really stuggled....

One made a great analogy though, he said that you move
the ruler sort of like the hands on a clock!

It really helped them to think of the orthagonal (A
term I learned on Harold Olejarez's tutorial)lines as
pivoting, much like the hands. Otherwise they had a
tendency to stray from the vanishing point.

Good luck,
Dawn