Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: perspective lessons

From: houstonia nerd (houstonianerd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 20:01:21 PDT

I'm actually teaching my Art I students perspective at
the moment. Today they did one point and I showed them
step-by-step on the overhead, just like I did with
middle school, and believe it or not, many more than I
excpected really stuggled....

One made a great analogy though, he said that you move
the ruler sort of like the hands on a clock!

It really helped them to think of the orthagonal (A
term I learned on Harold Olejarez's tutorial)lines as
pivoting, much like the hands. Otherwise they had a
tendency to stray from the vanishing point.

Good luck,

--- wrote:
> It seems as though most of you are in Denver...soak
> it up! I am beginning my
> Art I perspective unit and am trying to think of
> exciting new project(s). What
> are some of your favorite 1 pt. and 2 pt. lessons? I
> want something that is
> successful, looks cool and teaches the
> concepts...share?
> Thanks,