Re: Mountain Drive

---------

From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 17:14:21 PDT

There is a beautiful drive drive from Denver to Breckenridge--through some
beautiful landscapes. Take 285 South to South Park and up across Hoosier
Pass to Breckenridge. After a stop in Breckenridge, you can return to
Denver via I70.

I agree with Woody, take it easy on wine the first day, and drink LOTS of
water and you shouldn't have a problem with the altitude.

Looking forward to it.

Judie J

>I'm like Sharon, I love the high altitude even though
>I have weak lungs (childhood asthma). I can only think
>of one time that I had altitude sickness (headache) in
>the 20 years I've headed west. I believe it's the dryness
>that appeals to me. Kansas City is at 900 ft above sea
>level at the most but it's very humid. I would warn folks
>that are flying in with a two hour time shift plus a few
>glasses of wine, the dry climate will get to you. Drink
>plenty of water. Don't wait till you are thirsty, then it's
>too late. Do take that drive into the mountains, the Rockies
>are beautiful.
> Woody in KC

---