Fashion enthusiasts - see Wendy's lesson idea

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 16:34:11 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Wendy must have been reading our minds..She popped
back on just in time to get her great Fashion lesson
idea out again for all of you interested folks.
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/wendypaigefree

Click on the figures folder.

This lesson teaches:
1. Figure drawing
2. Fashion design and draping
3. Textile design
4. P's and Es - composition planning - texture -
patterns - shading/values/contrast.... etc

This summer - Wendy and I will put our head together
to write this up as a complete lesson plan for IAD. I
have a mini group working on it...Don't rule out armor
as an idea - or Rock Star fashion - or Goth
fashion....or Superheros....or Star Trek....Get my
drift. This can appeal to all interests of kids today
- not just girls.

Ken saw right away the similarity to his 1960's theme
lesson. He did that this year. See how his is similar
- yet very different.

Fashion folks really need to check out the dollmakers
listed on my site too. They are only the tip of the
iceberg of sites online....How about your own "Barbie"
redress fashion show? You can get real cheap fashion
dolls as Wallmart/K-Mart and such....maybe even
cheaper at garage sales?

Cheers!

Judy Decker

=====