Re: Cripple Creek

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 12:41:25 PDT

Donald,
        I believe the dirt road you are remembering is called
"Gold Camp Road". In 1975 we took our two boys west in
a Datsun B210. We drove up Gold Camp Road to Cripple
Creek. It was a bit scary of a drive. Originally the road
was where the narrow gauge rail cars brought out oar.
That was long before the town of Cripple Creek
was turned into a gambling Mecca. Gold Camp road had at
least 3 tunnels. The road has since been closed due to
collapse of at least one tunnel. My Cuz lives just below there
now. They drove us up as far as we could two summers back.
Anyone who gets away from the convention hotel will really
enjoy the views.
                                                Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons