Re: Mtn. drive (closer to Denver)

---------

From: Donald Peters (softsnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 11:47:52 PDT

>I agree completely about Georgetown, it's more than
>worth the visit. I love Cripple Creek too, but it is above
>Colorado Springs, not Denver.

ah, but there IS a dirt road from above Denver to Cripple Creek.. look at a
map and you should see it. It is not for the faint of heart though. I don't
think you can even really call it a road, but it is there and my parents did
drive on it.... lol... I can remember one time we had to back up for 3 miles
because we met a camper coming the other way and there wasn't room for them
to pass (sheer cliff on both sides) and I distinctly remember a stream
running across it with no bridge... It's a wonder I'm alive today. lol