Re: dried modge podge

---------

From: Jancy & Mike Cossin (jmcossin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 08:40:17 PDT

I use a paint scraper and/or a straight razor blade in one of those handle holders. It's much faster than scrubbing and works great on elmer's too. jancy

MissCaiola@aol.com wrote:I think that the dried, clear, hard substance on my white Formica student tables is dried Modge Podge. :-( After trying several cleaning solutions (hot water and soap, windex, and shaving cream)to try and get it off my tables...all ending in failure...I thought I would ask out there if anyone has any suggestions as to how to safely get this hard and dried substance off my tables?

I would love to have my afterschool students be able to help in the clean up if at all possible. (I am sure that I could take a razorblade to the crunchy spots myself if nothing else will dissolve this stuff)

First time using Modge Podge with a large class of students. Lesson learned - at cleanup time, have students do a complete wipe down of tables with hot and soapy water and sponges wile the Modge Podge is still wet. I passed out small sponges and soapy water for personal clean up after the project. Most people got the area immediatly in front of them on the tables...but we did not focus on the whole table.

Thanks!
Patti in Ohio
MissCaiola@aol.com