Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Youth Art Month ?s

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 19:43:30 PDT

1. Do you participate in your state's Youth Art Month (YAM)
Yes of course, for a few items teachers state wide put up a display
in the state capitol under the capitol dome.
In our local community we have the opening reception of a year long
exhibit called "Beyond the Classroom". We have a professional frame
about 200 pieces of student art K-12. After the opening exhibit the
art is displayed through out the city.
The mayor signs a proclamation and the superintendent give a speech
about the importance of art in education. It give you a really good
feeling to hear all the praise about the quality of the art when you
deliver it to hang in various locations around the city.

 2. If yes, what kinds of things do you do to acknowledge YAM? (put up a
 YAM bulletin board, make announcements at school, hold an art show,
Answered above

 3. If no, why not? (what keeps you from being an advocate, what would
help you, etc.)

4. Do you have any suggestions for this art education advocacy
                                Woody in KC

28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Where Woody's watercolors are:
Fantastic Triplet Grandkids at Karate: