Re: Youth Art Month ?s

---------

From: knitzber (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 18:41:27 PDT

Hi Linda,

organization
organizes a 2 week long K-12 art exhibit of student work
that is open to
all art teachers who are current members of Art Educatos of
MN. Each
teacher may submit up to 2 flat / hanging works of art.
The work is put
on display at the State Capitol Building in St. Paul. A
catalog of the
work is created along with a poster, both of which are
distributed to
teachers and students. We also celebrate the student winner
of the
Youth Art Month's Flag contest at the Opening Receptionas
well. We
provide refreshments for this event. This year, A Taste of
Scandanavia,
a local bakery of some renown, suppied us with 3 cakes for
the event.
We also feature a speaker who acts as the show's emcee.
This year's
Opening was attended by over 400 students and their parents
from all
over the state of MN.

Kevan

---